Saturday, November 22, 2008

Shrimp Stir-Fry with Ramen



Alright...I know what you are thinking. Ramen noddles? Isn't that the stuff I ate in college? Well yes it is. However, I found this recipe on Better Homes and Gardens and I couldn't pass it up. I have to try it out. I remember trying to dress up ramen noddles all the time and this one seems like it could be a keeper. I read the recipe and I have made some changes to make it a little easier on us to try out. :) I hope you enjoy.

12 oz. of peeled and deveined shrimp
2 packages of oriental or shrimp flavored ramen noddles
1 pacakge of frozen vegrables for stir-fry (they have them in the frozen aisle ready to make stir-fry with the terayaki sauce in the vegtables, super easy, you just add the chicken/shrimp/beef)

Thaw shrimp, if frozen, removing tails. Rinse shrimp; pat dry with paper towels. Set aside. In a 3-quart saucepan cook noodles with seasoning packet according to package directions. Drain noodles. Set aside.

Meanwhile in a large skillet add a little cooking oil and cook shrimp until they are a light colored pink. After cooking set-aside and begin cooking the stir-fry vegtables according to package directions. After vegtables are done stir in shrimp. Serve mixture on top of ramen noddles and enjoy!

No comments: