Thursday, November 13, 2008

Meatballs and Greens on Ciabatta



I have yet to try this recipe but this seemed like a fresh approach to eating meatballs instead of just with pasta and sauce...so let's give it a try. I found this recipe on Better Homes & Gardens website. And they always have such wonderful pictures for me to post with the recipe. I find that pictures always help:) Anyway, let me know if this is a keeper or if I should toss it out of the recipe box!

1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 bunch Italian flat-leaf parsley, large stems removed
2 cloves garlic
Salt and ground
black pepper

1
16- to 18-oz. pkg. frozen cooked Italian-style meatballs, thawed*

1/2
of a small head romaine, cut-up or torn
4
ciabatta rolls, split and toasted

In a food processor or blender combine oil, lemon juice, parsley, and garlic; cover and process until finely chopped. Salt and pepper to taste.

Transfer parsley mixture to a large skillet; add meatballs and heat through, covered, over medium heat, stirring and spooning sauce over meatballs occasionally.

Place one ciabatta roll, toasted side up, on each plate. Top with romaine. Remove meatballs from skillet with a slotted spoon; place atop romaine. Drizzle warm parsley mixture atop.

1 comment:

Mags said...

Okay..so we tried this last night...and it was really good. However, I made changes on the fly. I toasted the ciabatta rolls before putting the meatballs on top. I toasted them with butter, garlic salt, and shredded mozzerala cheese. Then I placed the meatballs on top..drizzled some pasta sauce on it...and there we have it. It was yummy! Next time I am going to use Italian mini loafs and make meatball sandies...since that is what they are anyway.