Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Quick Pork and Apples Dinner

I found this recipe on Better Homes and Gardens and it looked quick and easy..which I am always happy about. I love the combination of pork and apples. I think I will add cinnamon at the end to my apples...but other then that I will first try it as it is. Let me know what you think about this recipe and if you added any personal touches that tasted yummy with it.

1 lb. pork tenderloin
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tblp. butter or olive oil
1 - 20oz can of sliced apples, drained
2 tesps.. sniped fresh thyme or 1/2 tesp. dried thyme

Cut tenderloin, crosswise into 1/2 inch slices. In a large skillet cook garlic in oil/butter over med-high heat for 15 seconds. Carefully place the pork slices in the oil. Cook for 2 mins. on each side or until browned and no longer pink.

*Update - I tried this out and it was really good and so quick and simple. I loved how the apples complimented the pork and I did go ahead and added a dash of cinnamon at the end right before the apples were done being cooked. Great easy dinner. I think this one may be a keeper for the recipe box:)

Add drained apples and thyme into skillet. Cover and cook for 1 min. or until apples are heated through.

Serve with your choice of side item. I think I am going to make my cunnuflings with this recipe....I know it isn't healthy but it is really yummy!

No comments: