Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Crunchy Herb Chicken


This is a version of what my mom used to make for us all the time. It was by far my favorite chicken dish my mom made....close to Chicken and Rice and I still have not perfected her version of that. I hope you enjoy!!

4 slices white bread, toasted
1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
1 clove garlic, chopped (I use two cloves b/c I LOVE garlic)
Kosher salt and black pepper
1 Tblp. Olive Oil
1/4 cup Dijon Mustard
2 fresh leaves of basil, chopped finely
4 skinless chicken breasts

Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, pulse bread, parsley, garlic, basil, and 1/4 tsp. of salt and pepper until coarse crumbs form. Add the oil and pulse to combine. Transfer to plate.

Spread the mustard over the chicken and dip the pieces in the bread-crumbs mixture, pressing gently to help the mixture stick.

Place on baking sheet and bake until golden and cooked through, about 18-20 mins.

No comments: