Sunday, December 14, 2008

Quesadilla Pie


As you all have figured out I get a lot of receipes from Real Simple and I just kind of keep them around and keep using them. This one is a really simple Quesadilla Pie that I got from them. I haven't changed a thing about the recipe so they get all the credit. If you would like to make a vegetarian variation of this subsitute 2 cups of corn for the chicken and you can also add black beans.

1 10-ounce can green or red enchilada sauce
1/4 cup heavy cream
4- 8-inch flour tortillas
2 cups (8 ounces) grated Monterey Jack, plus 1/4 cup for the top
1 3 1/2- to 4-pound rotisserie chicken, shredded
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced
1 cup salsa
1 avocado, diced
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
Heat oven to 400° F.

In a small bowl, combine the enchilada sauce and cream. Spoon 1/4 cup of the sauce mixture into the bottom of a shallow 2-quart casserole or 9-inch springform pan. Top with 1 tortilla and a third each of the cheese, chicken, onion, and zucchini. Repeat twice to form a total of 3 layers. Top with the remaining tortilla, sauce mixture, and cheese. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more. Slice into wedges and serve with the salsa, avocado, sour cream and cilantro

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that meticulous model. The prices due to the fact that the boots are approximately 300 pounds on every site. But definitively I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I really like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good morning fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking as far as something that particular make. The prices for the boots are about 320 dollars on every page. But completely I bring about this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order them. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging allowing for regarding that exact make. The prices seeking the velcros were approximately 210 pounds on every site. But finally I found this site selling them as a remedy for half price. I really want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase those. what can you tell me about these?